I’m still semi-stuck on Branding!!
Has anyone noticed the new Wendy’s logo? I don’t even eat fast food and I noticed it right away. Brand updates are a great way to bring new energy into an existing brand and Wendy’s was not the only company to do so this year.
2013 Brand Updates
- The Miami Dolphins
This morning I was discussing Wendy’s recent brand update with a co-worker and the conversation compelled me to explore the topic a little further. I came across an article detailing nine ways to make a brand update a success. The article and the list are something to take into consideration since you never know what kind of projects you will be involved in at your future job! I know I have heard the topic of brand updating more than once around my office.
By: Mark McNeilly
- Tie the update to real change
- Nail the “right time”
- Build on brand equities you own—in the customer’s mind
- Less really is more
- Don’t try to be trendy
- Provide an “Easter Egg” but only if it’s meaningful
- Test in the context
- Be able to explain it
- Judge success by how it supports your objectives long term
1. Nail the “right time”
- Appropriate timing can make all the difference
2. Less really is more
- We live in an ad cluttered environment, keeping it simple is the way to go!
3. Don’t try to be trendy
- Updates should be simple and able to transcend time