Be Like Brit
On Monday I attended and live tweeted the “Be Like Brit” event at The Ohio State University. Live tweeting this event was a wonderful opportunity for me to help promote the Be Like Brit non-profit organization and orphanage.
What: Be Like Brit at OSU
Where: 131 Hitchcock Hall
When: Monday October 21, 2013
Time: 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Inspiration Behind Be Like Brit
- Non-profit organization and orphanage established by the family of Britney Gengel who lost her life in the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
- Britney and six other Lynn University students were in Haiti volunteering for the aide group Journey for Hope.
- Three hours before the earthquake she texted her mom and said, “They love us so much and everyone is so happy. They love what they have and they work so hard to get nowhere, yet they are all so appreciative. I want to move here and start an orphanage myself.”
- Britney’s parents were able to fulfill her dream by building and opening an orphanage on January 5, 2013.
- The Be Like Brit orphanage currently has 35 children with the hope of having a total of 66 one day.
You can help Britney’s family keep her memory alive by:
- Liking the Be Like Brit Facebook page
- Reading Heartache and Hope in Haiti
- Donating or volunteering at the Be Like Brit orphanage in Grand Goave, Haiti
Be Like Brit at OSU was a wonderful event to live tweet and a great way to support and raise awareness for an amazing non-profit. By live tweeting this event I was able to play a small role in helping to keep Britney’s memory alive.