I would like to take a moment and reflect back on my social media presence both on Twitter and this blog. Over the past two months I have tweeted, joined a tweet chat, live tweeted an event and became a blogger. This has been a new experience for me and I have enjoyed learning about tweeting and blogging from a professional perspective. Maintaining a professional social media presence will never go unnoticed during future interviews or other work related situations. By using Twitter and this blog I have been able to create a professional online presence for myself that will be useful to life post-graduation.
- Staying on top of current events via Twitter (how did I know what was going on?)
- Learning how to prepare myself for the workforce by joining a tweet chat
- Following and reading other blogs
- Live tweeting an important on campus event (I love supporting a good cause)
- Blogging has given me a platform to apply the communication themes I have learned in the classroom with how they are being used in the world
For now I’m going to take a hiatus from blogging but I will be back after I graduate from The Ohio University in the summer of 2014!! Look forward to me blogging about life post-graduation, my first professional career (fingers crossed) and everything else that life after college has in store for me.
Thank you to my loyal followers and to all who have left me comments. I have enjoyed this experience and I hope to re-connect with you all in a few months! Talk to you soon and keep exploring life through communications!